Who Should be Screened?
These questions might help you decide if you should be screened. If you answer “yes” to any of them, you might benefit from a memory screening.
- Am I becoming more forgetful?
- Do I have trouble concentrating?
- Do I have difficulty performing familiar tasks?
- Do I have trouble recalling words or names in conversation?
- Do I sometimes forget where I am or where I am going?
- Have family or friends told me that I am repeating questions or saying the same thing over and over again?
- Am I misplacing things more often?
- Have I become lost when walking or driving?
- Have my family or friends noticed changes in my mood, behavior, personality, or desire to do things?
Note: A memory screening is not used to diagnose any particular illness and does not replace consultation with a qualified physician or other healthcare professional.
AFA’s National Memory Screening Program is made possible with a grant from the Edward N. and Della L. Thome Memorial Foundation, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee.