If Alzheimer’s is in your life, help is within your reach. AFA’s National Toll-Free Helpline is open seven days a week and staffed entirely by licensed social workers specifically trained in dementia care. The Helpline is accessible by phone, email and web chat to assist callers with topics such as:
- Signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related illnesses
- Caring for someone living with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia-related illness
- Building a care team and support network
- Steps caregivers can take to care for themselves
- Information about brain health and wellness
- Strategies to discuss memory changes
- Connecting with local support services
No question is too big or small.
The AFA Helpline is open from 9 am-9 pm ET on weekdays and 9 am-5 pm ET on weekends. Connect with a licensed social worker by:
Web chat: Clicking the blue and white icon in the lower corner of the page
Text message: 646-586-5283
The web chat and text message features can serve individuals in over 90 different languages.