- This event has passed.
Alzheimer’s Disease: Beyond Signs and Symptoms – a LIVE, INTERACTIVE Webinar Training
January 18 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
LIVE Interactive Webinar
This LIVE Interactive Webinar workshop describes the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, as well as risk factors and medication used to delay cognitive decline and neuropsychiatric symptoms. We then explore the world of a caregiver and how they are affected by the disease both emotionally and financially. To gain a deeper understanding of the individual living with Alzheimer’s disease, this training also explores distressing behaviors that can be caused by an unmet need, and how to build a therapeutic relationship that is based on respect, empathy, and maintaining one’s dignity. This workshop is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions, as well as case vignette discussions, and a Q&A session at the end.
From this workshop you will learn to:
1. Define and describe the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Identify the causes and risk factors of Alzheimer’s Disease.
3. Describe the financial and emotional impact on a caregiver.
4. Assess behaviors to develop various forms of communication.
5. Apply strategies to support and communicate while maintaining an individual’s dignity.
A complete course description, including objectives, agenda, speaker bio and cancellation policy, is available here.