10 Tips for Managing Stress
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Acceptance is key–all you can control is how you react and adjust
- People can’t help if they don’t know there is a problem–be honest and open with your feelings
- Relax–taking time to breathe is so important
- Get moving–exercise can help reduce stress
- Take it one day at a time–if it’s not an emergency situation, do not turn it into one
- Sleep is important–a good night’s rest keeps us functioning at our best
- Incorporate stress management techniques into your life–be social and have fun!
- Eat a balanced, healthful diet full of fruits, vegetables, and water
- Set realistic goals and go slow–life is not a race, rather, it is a journey
Finding ways to reduce caregiver stress will help lessen the long-term emotional and physical toll of caregiving.