Welcome & Membership Details
The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) is a leading national organization focused on raising Alzheimer’s awareness, educating caregivers and healthcare professionals, and encouraging early detection and proper treatment. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for people who have Alzheimer’s disease.
Over 2,800 organizations across the nation are committed to our mission of providing support, services and education to individuals, families and caregivers affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias nationwide. Such services are critical as the disease continues to grow.
AFA’S Membership Benefits
- Referrals through our National Toll-free Helpline, staffed by licensed social workers, open seven days a week.
- Visibility on AFA’s website (www.alzfdn.org) with a link to your organization showcasing a full listing of your programs and services.
- Seven grant funding opportunities cycles for non-profit organizations which consist of grants valued at $5,000 and $25,000 (depending on the cycle).
- Access to and participation in AFA’s Educating America Tour, which features free educational conferences that enable participants to learn about topics such as caregiving strategies and support, communication and safety tips, and research and public policy.
- Dementia care training (with discounted rates) available through AFA’s Dementia Care Professionals of America Partners in Care Program.
- Free subscription to our ALZHEIMER’S TODAY Magazine and e-newsletter, which include member organization highlights and profiles.
- Access to be a part of our National Memory Screening Program, which to date has screened over five million people.
- Training and assistance in setting up memory screenings.
- Webinars which feature an impressive roster for families, professional caregivers, your staff or anyone interested in learning more.
- Educational brochures on a variety of topics which include: National Memory Screening Program, About Dementia, Brain Health and Wellness, Wandering, Getting The Most Out of Your Doctor’s Visit, Personal Care, Talking with Children About Alzheimer’s Disease, What is Young Onset Alzheimer’s Disease and Communication Techniques.
Contact us today at (866) 232-8484, to speak further about all the membership benefits AFA has to offer!
Full member status is limited to non-profit organizations. Annual dues are based on the size of the organization’s budget, per the table below.
Associate membership is open to for-profit organizations. Annual dues are based on the size of an organization’s budget, per the table below.
Current Dues Structure
|$1 million-$2.99 million||$350|
|$3 million-$4.99 million||$450|
|$5 million-$9.99 million||$500|
|$10 million-$24.9 million||$650|
|$25 million or greater||$1,200|
|$299,999 or less||$350|
|$1 million-$2.99 million||$550|
|$3 million-$4.99 million||$850|
|$5 million-$9.99 million||$1,200|
|$10 million-$24.9 million||$2,000|
|$25 million or greater||$3,000|