- This event has passed.
Webinar: Enhancing Self-Compassion
June 2, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
The demands of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s are great. Sustaining that care over time requires caregivers to pay attention to caring for themselves. Research demonstrates that total well-being requires attention to physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. An essential component of this well-being is tuning into our inner voice and taking care of ourselves in personally meaningful ways.
Self-compassion plays a critical role in helping us develop and sustain healthy self-care practices. This webinar will help participants:
- understand what self-compassion is and what it is not
- recognize how they are practicing self-compassion now
- discover what self-compassion looks like now and what it can look like moving forward
- learn what enhances the practice of self-compassion and what interferes with it
- recognize how thoughts and acts of self-compassion may change at different times
- create ways to include self-compassion in thoughts and activities
Dale Atkins, PhD