- This event has passed.
Webinar: Care for the Caregiver During Coronavirus COVID-19 Chaos
April 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Caring for our family and friends can be very fulfilling and rewarding, and yet, as we give so much to others, it can also be depleting. Our cars can’t run on empty and neither can we! It’s not selfish to care for ourselves – it’s just practical; we have to find ways to fill our own tanks in order to continue caring for others. The extra added pressures and challenges of caregiving during the pandemic, make it even more difficult to find ways to replenish ourselves.
In this webinar, Amy Goyer, AARP’s national family & caregiving expert, will share the “fill your tank” system that worked for her through more than a decade of caring for her family members. She will lift you up and send you off with very practical tips to help you find ways to care for yourself even during these stressful times, including:
- Understanding the added pressures on family caregivers due to the pandemic
- Identifying at least 3-5 “quick fill-ups” that family caregivers can do.
- Identifying at least 3 – 5 “premium fill-ups” that family caregivers can do.
- Identifying at least 3-5 ways to do “routine maintenance” for family caregivers.
- Identifying at least 3-5 ways family caregivers can get “tune-ups” (breaks from caregiving).