- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Yoga & Art Series with Marnie
July 28, 2021 @ 2:30 pm EDT
Let’s explore some Art & Yoga! During this virtual community class series, Marnie will begin each class with a few minutes of chair yoga poses to get relaxed, centered, and present. Then, you will be invited to create artwork. No prior yoga or art making experience needed! During weeks one and two we will create art inspired by a positive affirmation or intention, perhaps that will arise during the yoga practice. For example, “I am real and loving” or “Be kind”. For weeks three and four, you will be invited to construct a creative collage inspired by a theme of your choosing. A collage is a collection of chosen images arranged and glued down by the creator in a way that is meaningful, pleasing and/or gratifying. Some ideas for a theme are gratitude, nature, relationships, the past (memories, remembrance, or reminiscing), the present or the future (goals or hopes). Classes will be published every Wednesday, during the month of July.
Just bring yourself and the supplies listed below:
- Paper (regular computer paper, construction paper, or watercolor/heavier weight paper)
- Drawing materials (markers, pastels, colored pencils)
- Collage materials such as magazine cut out images, recycled calendar pages or greeting card front covers, quotes, decorative paper and glue
- Scissors, tape, watercolor paints (optional)
- Water in a container or wet hand wipes and paper towels for clean up
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.