- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Music with Hearts Need Art
June 2 @ 2:30 pm EDT
Playing music has been found to increase the volume and activity in the brain’s corpus callosum — the bridge between the two hemispheres — allowing messages to get across the brain faster and through more diverse routes. Enjoy some favorites from Hearts Need Art’s Musicians-in-Residence as they perform some of their favorites:
- Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra. Performed by Marisa Castro.
- Over The Rainbow, Judy Garland. Performed by Catherine Moree, Laura Zabinel, Ashley Holder.
- Have You Ever Seen The Rain, CCR. Performed by Jaime Varela.
- Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond. Performed by Jeff Wood.
- Greensleeves. Performed by Yang Guo and Allyson Dawkins.
- What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong. Performed by Tracy Cowden.
- Songbird, Fleetwood Mac. Performed by Marisa Castro.
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me, Randy Newman. Performed by Jeff Wood.
- Shenandoah. Performed by Tracy Cowden.
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.