- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Gardening with Sallie
January 15, 2021 @ 2:30 pm EST
Join Horticultural Therapist, Sallie Stutz, for a virtual gardening class. In this virtual class, you will learn about succulents and how they differ from cacti. Basic plant information and their native environments will be discussed. You will learn how to plant/transplant one and how to care for it. The succulent garden is a creative planting—offering the opportunity to plant a few small plants in one dish and to give it a thematic nature—It can be decorated with rocks, or shells, or small ceramic tokens. It will make the garden a little more personal and it requires a minimum of care year-round.
- Small succulent plants (1-4)
- Container, dish, or pot (4″-10″)
- Potting or cactus soil
- Spoon or scoop
- Saucer or small plate
- Plant label with a marker pen
- Small Watering can or pitcher
- Pebbles, small stones, decorative elements-shells, or rocks
- Small ceramic toy size objects
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzdn.org/afatealroom.