- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Gardening with Sallie
November 12 @ 2:30 pm EST
Join Horticultural Therapist Sallie Stutz for a virtual gardening activity. In this class, you will learn all about pumpkins – their origins, propagation, growth, habitats, history and uses. We will talk about squashes and gourds–how they are alike and different from pumpkins. Sallie will provide a simple recipe for cooking a few squashes. Join in this fun nature-inspired activity!
Roasted Delicata, Honey, or Acorn Squash Recipe”
Yield: 2-3Time: 30-45 minutes depending on size: 30 mins (delicata), 45 mins (acorn)
- Delicata or acorn squash
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut each squash in half crosswise or delicata into half-moon rings measuring about ¼ inch thick. Scoop out and discard seeds and membranes. Place skin-side down on baking tray that is covered with tin foil or parchment.
- Mix oil, salt, pepper and honey in bowl. Drizzle olive oil over fleshy part of squash. Or toss squash in bowl and then place on tray.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until fork-tender. The edges should be crisp and brown a little.
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.