- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Art with Marnie
April 7 @ 2:30 pm EDT
Join Marnie Herlands, MS, ATR-BC, LCAT, for a virtual art therapy session! You will be led through a brief mindful breathing exercise and then create art focusing on a color that you are drawn to. Colors have different meanings, including individual or universal meanings. For example, blue is a cool color and blue skies or the ocean are often associated with relaxation or serene feelings. Red is a warm color and it is often associated with intense emotions, such as love, or red roses can symbolize love or affection. Marnie will be creating color inspired art and offer suggestions as to how you can utilize color to express a mood, emotion or perhaps an intention. Participants are encouraged to consider a color or color scheme that they choose to work with and why they chose that color! Also, during the season of spring, we are often reminded of themes of rebirth, renewal and change or transformation. Participants are invited to also incorporate these themes into their art if feeling inspired to do so. No prior art making experience needed! Just bring yourself and the supplies below that you would like to work with.
Supplies/ideas listed below:
- Create a collage using magazine image cut outs, stickers, and/or decorative paper or a drawing or painting using one or more colors that evoke a chosen feeling or are reminiscent of an experience or intention.
- Watercolor or sturdy white paper or colorful construction or poster paper as a background
- Magazines, decorative paper, glue, and scissors (optional)
- Pastels, watercolor paints, water in a container & paper towels
- Markers, colored pencils, pastels or any other drawing materials of your choosing • A round plate as a tracer if you would like to create a mandala
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.