- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Class: Art with Marnie
December 15, 2021 @ 2:30 pm EST
Creative Cards: What do you want for yourself and what can you give to another person by being you? –Join Art Therapist Marnie Herlands for a holiday-inspired virtual art session! Participants will be led through a mindful grounding exercise, before invited to create art. The art invitation will be to create two cards, one for yourself and one for another person in your life who you care about. Marnie will demonstrate how to create a card with a cover that expresses something meaningful to focus on–a gift you possess or are wanting for yourself and something you want to give or share with another person. We often think about gifts as being physically tangible items; however, you will be invited to consider the intangible gifts that you have to offer yourself and someone else such as love, kindness, patience, flexibility, hope or something else. No prior art-making experience needed! Just bring yourself and art supplies of your choosing.
Here are some suggestions:
- Heavyweight paper or any sturdy paper such as cardstock or watercolor paper (preferably 6.5×10 inches or any size paper that you have), which we will fold in half to make cards
- art materials of your choosing such as markers, colored pencils
- paint (watercolor or tempera paints, water and a paintbrush)
- collage materials and glue
- scissors (optional)
- Sharpie marker (optional)
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.