- This event has passed.
Dementia’s Ripple Effect General Course
April 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT
Dementia’s Ripple Effect
Location: LIVE Interactive Webinar
Date: April 19, 2022
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1737835722927717899.Course Description: This LIVE interactive webinar workshop will provide an overview of dementia-related illnesses, and the impact dementia can have on an individual’s health, wellness, and relationships. This workshop will highlight the importance of building relationships and effective communication when addressing concerns for someone who may be showing symptoms of dementia, and proactively meeting needs to ensure that quality of life is maintained. Through this workshop, we will explore how families and communities are affected. We will then seek ways in which everyone can contribute to creating a dementia-friendly society, potentially starting in one’s own community. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions, and a Q&A session at the end. From this workshop you will learn to:
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of dementia-related illnesses.
- List and describe ways in which dementia can impact a person’s ability to communicate.
- Develop strategies for relationship-building between care partners and individuals living with dementia.
- Describe the range of physical and emotional needs individuals have and how dementia affects individuals’ abilities to express these needs.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am – Gain a foundational understanding of dementia and dementia-related illnesses, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am – Understand ways dementia can impact a person’s ability to communicate.
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am – Develop strategies for relationship-building between care partners and individuals living with dementia.
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Consider range of physical and emotional needs and how dementia affects an individuals’ abilities to express these needs.
- Licensed social workers must attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. New York licensed social workers must also pass the online exam by 80% which can be taken as many times as needed to pass. AFA will email all registrants who attended the entire course with a link to the exam and evaluation which are completed through SurveyMonkey.
- Other professionals seeking CEs must also attend the entire course and complete the online evaluation. Exam not necessary.
- Certificates of completion will be emailed or mailed (attendee’s preference indicated on the evaluation) within 10 business days of course completion and the exam is graded.
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0222.
- Dementia’s Ripple Effect, Course #3659, is approved by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program to be offered by Alzheimer’s Foundation of America as an individual course. Individual courses, not providers, are approved at the course level. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ACE course approval period: 6/11/2021 – 6/11/2023. Social workers completing this course receive 2 General Social Work Practice continuing education credits.
- This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 2 CE contact hour(s). Activity code: I00046535 Approval Number: 210001904.
|Operating system||Windows 7 – Windows 10 Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – macOS Big Sur (11) Linux Google Chrome OS Android OS 5 (Lollipop) – Android 10 iOS 10 – iOS 12|
|Web browser||Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions) Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)|
|Internet connection||Computer: 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) Mobile device: 3G or better (WiFi recommended for VoIP audio)|
|Hardware||2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended) Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)|
|Mobile device||iPhone 4S or newer iPad 2 or newer|