- This event has passed.
An Overview of the Other Types of Dementia-related Illnesses – A LIVE, INTERACTIVE Webinar Training
August 16 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
General Social Work Practice Course
When people think of dementia, many times the first thing that comes to mind is Alzheimer’s disease. In this live interactive webinar, we are going to learn about the other types of dementia-related illnesses. In this general course, we will be looking at the ripple effect of dementia, we will dive deep into three main types of dementias: dementia with Lewy bodies, vascular dementia, and frontotemporal dementia. For each dementia, we will learn about causes, risk factors, characteristics, symptomology, treatment and how to cope. Lastly, we will be discussing recommendations for family members as well as how we can see dementia impacting family dynamics. In conclusion, our goal for this webinar is for individuals to not only gain a greater understanding of the many different types of dementia, as well as understanding how symptoms can change and what we can do for the individuals with dementia. This workshop is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions, case vignette discussions, and a Q&A session at the end. Participants will be able to leave this training not only with a greater understanding dementia with Lewy bodies, vascular dementia, and frontotemporal dementia but the importance of high-quality dementia care.
From this workshop you will learn to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of various dementia-related illnesses.
- Define important differences in diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and assessment of other types of dementia.
- Utilize strategies to cope with different types of dementia.
- Explain the impact of varying types of dementia on family dynamics.
- Apply recommendations on how to best ameliorate symptoms associated with specific dementia types.