- This event has passed.
AFA Teal Room: Music with Hearts Need Art
June 1, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:46 pm EDT
Music with Hearts Need Art
June 1 @ 2:30 pm EDT
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.
Playing music has been found to increase the volume and activity in the brain’s corpus callosum, the bridge between the two hemispheres, allowing messages to get across the brain faster and through more diverse routes. Enjoy some favorites from Hearts Need Art’s musicians-in-residence as they perform some of their favorites:
- “Fly Me To The Moon,” Frank Sinatra. Performed by Marisa Castro.
- “Over The Rainbow,” Judy Garland. Performed by Catherine Moree, Laura Zabinel, Ashley Holder.
- “Have You Ever Seen The Rain,” CCR. Performed by Jaime Varela.
- “Sweet Caroline,” Neil Diamond. Performed by Jeff Wood.
- “Greensleeves.” Performed by Yang Guo and Allyson Dawkins.
- “What A Wonderful World,” Louis Armstrong. Performed by Tracy Cowden.
- “Songbird,” Fleetwood Mac. Performed by Marisa Castro.
- “You’ve Got A Friend In Me,” Randy Newman. Performed by Jeff Wood.
- “Shenandoah.” Performed by Tracy Cowden.