- This event has passed.
AFA Teal Room: Cooking with Melissa: No-Bake Oatmeal Bars
June 9, 2022 @ 2:30 pm EDT
Cooking with Melissa: No-Bake Oatmeal Bars
June 9 @ 2:30 pm EDT
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.
Let’s get in the kitchen and cook something good for our soul and brain health!
In this 4-week series, you will join Melissa Gallagher-Cashman, CTRS, CDP, CADDCT, CMDCP, NASM-CPT, for a wonderful cooking program, focusing on brain healthy foods and how to incorporate them into your diet every day! Each week, you will focus on 3 or 4 brain healthy foods, their benefits, and how to use them in simple, healthy, and delicious recipe(s).
While you cook, you will practice mindfulness, heighten senses, and recall memories. So, grab your measuring spoons and spatulas and join us for… Cooking with Melissa!
- ½ bag of dark chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan are fine)
- 1 ice cube tray
- 12 wooden sticks (can use broken bamboo sticks used for grilling, broken popsicle sticks…toothpicks could
- Frozen yogurt or ice cream of your choice (nondairy/vegan frozen dessert would work just fine also)
For Other Variations (Optional):
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (or any nut butter/sunflower butter)
- ¼ cup of any fruit jelly of your choice
- ¼ cup of chopped peanuts or other nut of your choice
- ½ cup coconut flakes
No-Bake Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or any other nut butter you choose/sunflower butter)
- 1/3 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1 and 1/3 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats (can use gluten free or quick oats are also fine)
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free/vegan are fine)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Spoon or spatula for mixing
- 8 in square baking pan
- Parchment or wax paper