- This event has passed.
AFA Teal Room: 6-Week Art Series with Marnie (Week 3)
May 16, 2022 @ 2:30 pm EDT
6-Week Art Series with Marnie (Week 3)
2:30 PM ET
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.
During this 6-week series, Marnie Herlands, MS, ATR-BC, LCAT, will demonstrate how to create an accordion book, which involves paper and simple folds, using materials of your choosing!
Options will be offered to embellish the front and back covers and the pages to reflect your authentic self-expression.
The book can have a theme if you feel inspired to choose one: nature, inspirational quotes, portraits, or ways to relax/cope with life’s challenges.
The possibilities are limitless!
Just bring yourself and the supplies listed below:
• Paper (lightweight copy paper, construction paper, or watercolor/heavier weight paper)
• Tape (preferably decorative or clear tape)
• Lightweight cardboard, card stock paper or index cards to strengthen the front and back covers
• Glue of any type (optional)
• Drawing materials (markers, pastels, colored pencils, watercolor paints)
• Collage materials, such as images cut out from a magazine, recycled calendar pages or greeting card front covers, quotes, decorative paper
• Water in a container or wet hand wipes and paper towels for cleanup
• Optional: Scissors and any other found objects/materials that might be useful