- This event has passed.
AFA Teal Room: 6-Week Art Series with Marnie
June 5, 2022 @ 2:30 pm EDT
6-Week Art Series with Marnie
June 5 @2:30 pm EDT
This event will take place at the AFA Teal Room: www.alzfdn.org/afatealroom.
During this 6-week series, Marnie Herlands, MS, ATR-BC, LCAT, will demonstrate how to create an accordion book, which involves paper and simple folds, and designing your book utilizing materials of your choosing! Options will be offered to embellish the front and back covers and the pages in your book to reflect your authentic self-expression.
Also, the book can have a theme if you feel inspired to choose one. Some themes that might be of interest are nature, inspirational quotes, portraits, ways to relax/cope with life’s challenges…. The possibilities are limitless! No prior art-making experience needed!
Just bring yourself and the supplies listed below:
- Paper (lightweight computer paper, construction paper, or watercolor/heavier weight paper)
- Tape (preferably decorative or clear tape)
- Lightweight cardboard or card stock paper or index cards to strengthen the front and back covers and glue of any type (optional)
- Drawing materials (markers, pastels, colored pencils); collage materials such as magazine cut out images, recycled calendar pages or greeting card front covers, quotes, decorative paper; and/or watercolor paints
- Water in a container or wet hand wipes and paper towels for cleanup
- Optional: Scissors and any other found objects/materials that might be useful