AFA National Educating America Tour: Melville Marriott Long Island, New York
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm UTC+0
AFA’s Concepts in Care Educational Conferences will provide individuals throughout the nation the opportunity to hear experts on topics to include: access to healthcare, transitioning from home to residential care setting, safeguarding your space, long-term care, perceptions of aging, and clinical trials and research.
The educational conferences are free and will also provide memory screenings and a display of memory quilts.
Melville Marriott Long Island – 1350 Walt Whitman Road Melville, NY 11747
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast, Free Confidential Memory Screenings, Exhibit Hall
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Welcome
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Unraveling Alzheimer’s Disease
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Palliative and Geriatric Care
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. – Yoga Designed for the Brain
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Caregiver Story