A strong support system is essential for an Alzheimer’s caregiver. AFA was founded by a family caregiver to be a resource for caregivers and a place they can turn to for help, guidance and support in their time of need.
AFA offers a number of different support services for caregivers, including:
- AFA’s National Toll-Free Helpline, staffed entirely by licensed social workers and open seven days a week
- Telephone-based support groups led by licensed social workers which give caregivers a place to connect and share
- Informational fact sheets about Alzheimer’s disease, behaviors, symptoms and caregiving tips
- Care Connection webinars which offer helpful tips and information from experts free of charge
- The AFA Teal Room which provides free, daily virtual activity programming
Have questions about caregiving or Alzheimer’s disease? Connect with a licensed social worker by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of this page.